October 9, 2010

A goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again.

Maddie found her Forever Home!

Sweet little girl - we are going to miss you!
A very cool woman (C) and her partner fell in love with Maddie
on the BCRNC website and in person. 
Maddie's new home is the ultimate doggie paradise - 
2 acres of property with expansive green lawns and a hundred shady trees! 
Maddie also has her own dog pond!
She will share her new life with a 7-yr old BC female & 14-year old Chihuahua female.
Within 10 minutes of arriving, Maddie was playing ball nicely with the BC, Lucy. 
She ran side-by-side w/ Lucy all over the property. She looked very happy and relaxed. 
Mostly ignored me the entire time - having too much fun!

By the time I got home, I had a voicemail message from C saying 
Maddie & Lucy had already wrestled each other and Maddie went swimming too! 
The sound of C's voice was what made my day - 
you can truly feel the love & affection she had for Maddie.

**sigh** 

There is a wee-bit of guilt inside - that I took Lucas' playmate away.
For all the right reasons though. I have no doubt that Maddie will get training, exercise, 
affection, love and company from her new family. 
C & S are total dog people and their own dogs are healthy and happy too! 
They invited me to come back and bring my BCs! Very cool!

Bye Bye Maddie! I hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Monica Marley's Mom said...

I'm glad Maddie found her forever home. She is such a nice dog.

When do you get your new foster dog?