October 17, 2010

Every exit is an entry somewhere.

The other day I blogged about the foster BCs that have come through our home. I'm happy (and sad) to tell you that Juno found her Forever Home today! In the rain we drove to the mega dog park at Point Isabel to meet J & S. Immediately, J was smitten with Juno but sensed that S (the wife) had hesitations. Juno was a sweetheart the whole time at the busy dog park with the rain and all. She charmed them for sure. When it came down to making a decision about whether or not Juno would go home with them, S burst into tears. She was not sure if she was ready to let go of "Kira" (her BC mix that died 5 months ago). We were all quiet; but that's when Juno jumped into her lap to say, You're ready. I pretty much lost it after that, seeing that little gesture from Juno. I cried when I said good-bye to Juno (and I had not cried for Jim or Maddie). It just came pouring out...still not sure why. Juno will get a lot of love with her new family (and they plan to add a second dog later on). I'll feel better once I hear from Juno's Forever Home in a few days.

Hey Juno!  Lucas looked for you when I came home from the road trip. The first thing Josey did was pick up and play with the last toy you touched as if to reclaim it. I'll be missing you June Bug.

No comments: