September 4, 2010

In memory of Sam

Sam at Kitty Hawk
Sam was my first Border Collie - adopted from the county animal shelter. He was steadfast, aloof, strong and my heart-dog. This photo was taken about a month before he unexpectedly died. I clearly remember this day, a Saturday, because the weather was just turning into fall. It was cold, overcast and dewy and I wanted to get the dogs to Kitty Hawk and run, run, run. It was Sam's favorite thing to do.
 
Sam and Outlaw Josey Wales

Far away, nearby.
"always bright your shining light...shining bright when you walked with us...a pillar of quiet strength. of dignity. of reserve. beautiful amber eyes...always sought and to be forever admired in wonder and amazement."


We miss you Sam!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Sam and miss him so much - our once in a lifetime dog!

dogzoomies said...

What a nice way to kick-off your blog, a tribute to Mr. Sam!

Monica Marley's Mom said...

Wow, Sam was a beautiful dog. I'm glad you are blogging.