September 7, 2010

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.


Gentleman Jim
We fostered Jim from July 14 to Sept 1 for our favorite BC rescue.  He was our first foster dog (!) and we got lucky with the entire fostering experience, start to finish. Jim was a wonderful foster BC with many nicknames: Jimmy, Yimmy, Slim Jim and Slimmy.  Happily, Jim found his Forever Home after a chance meeting with a tenderhearted woman at Woofstock. It was fate - dogzoomies said. At six-years old, he was already very mellow, calm and gentle. The woman just loved this about him. I'll be checking up on the both of them to see how everything is going. 

Border Collies are always underfoot and Jim was no exception. He bonded quickly to me like Velcro. I had to watch myself around Jim to avoid tripping and stepping on him. He was very good with Josey & Lucas and vice versa.  Jim is the perfect dog to tag along with you - he has excellent social skills with dogs, cats and people. 

Hanging out in the kindergarten yard
I enjoyed preparing home-cooked meals for Jimmy (he ate everything and had an iron stomach). He loved his baths and brushings (unlike my BCs). He has a new name now but he will always be Jim to me. I dare say I miss the boy and think of him often!

 Enjoy your new Forever Home with Dexter, Luchie and Daisy!

No comments: