March 12, 2011

Sweet like candy to my soul, Sweet you rock and sweet you roll...

Hi, I'm not Lucas...
I'm Candy!



Our current foster BC is Candy - a 5 yr. old female 
from the Yolo County Animal Shelter. 
She has a little brown in her classic B/W markings.
We pulled her from the shelter this morning. 
Surrendered by her owner 
along with a house mate, Indiana - a male BC. 
Candy & Indiana lost their home because the owners are 
going through a bad divorce, selling the house, etc.  

Paperwork said she is an alpha female, 
a resource (food) guarder, 
and that she postured at other dogs in the shelter.

We haven't seen any of this behavior -
 introductions to Lucas & Josey
and her first day with us went so smoothly.

I gave her a deep cleansing bath, brushed her out and
cut all the matted fur on her belly, hind legs, butt, tail.
 Fur was all tight and constricting.
Poor girl - how did she move around?
She let out a huge sigh as I clipped as if to tell me,
Thank you I'm free!


She is very cool - confident, friendly and smart.
Candy & Josey stay out of each other's way 
and I catch Candy & Lucas play bowing at each other often.

All in all everyone is settling in nicely 
- napping as I type.
Candy is on her way to finding her Forever Home!

3 comments:

Emma Rose said...

She's a beauty. I hope she finds a wonderful home!

dogzoomies said...

She has some telling eyes, very beautiful. Lucky girl to have made it out of there!

mon said...

She is a gorgeous dog. What happened to Indiana?