January 22, 2011

When you know better you do better.

Recently, two articles caught my eye: The New York Times  "A Sniff of Home Cooking for Dogs and Cats" and The Whole Dog Journal "No Bones About It" (January 2011). An article for the masses and another for the informed which combined balances what I know already. Variety and rotation of good food (and lots of love & exercise) are right for my border collies.

Also, I've been in touch with Natasha's Food For Paws who make quality cooked foods for dogs (and cats). They may consider entering the Sacramento market after achieving success in San Francisco. Food For Paws has three formulas for dogs: Turkey & Buckwheat, Beef & Millet, and Chicken & Oats. Each formula is approximately 75% protein, 15% grains, and 10% vegetables.

I'm excited about the word getting out about healthier pet food options. Personal testimonials are positive and prolific but still anecdotal to the pet food industry and their vets. And that's okay.  I'm going to keep reading up on good food for my dogs (just as I do for myself)!

Lucas waits patiently for dinner to be served....

Josey pouts while she waits for her dinner...

No comments: